GCSE Results 2016
Royton and Crompton School celebrates with a group of outstanding GCSE students and their achievements.
230 students and their teachers today celebrate as they receive the 2016 GCSE results at Royton and Crompton School. In total, Royton and Crompton students undertook examinations with over 30 different specifications, in a broad and balanced curriculum.
Some students are today receiving a large number of the highest grades available. These high achieving students have a wealth of talent and proven academic ability.
- Adam Clinton achieved 3 A* and 7 A grades
- Daniel Brookes achieved over 3 grades higher than expected across all subjects gaining 5 A and 4 B grades.
Individual notable achievements are:
- Anika Rahman – Anika joined the school in Year 11 from a school in Spain and went on to gain 2 A*, 2 A and 3 B grades.
- Denise Matos - Denise joined us from Portugal and had no spoken English ability on arrival and has achieved 9 good GCSE grades at grade C and above
- Rilwan Olabode - Rilwan joined us in February 2016 from a school in Ireland and gained 3 B and 2 C grades including English and Mathematics
Headteacher, Mr Neil Hutchinson, commented, “These outstanding results are a tribute to the work and dedication of the individual students, staff and parents. These results also show that success can be gained despite the huge barriers which many students face.
"As we continue on the journey of improvement, the wider set results provide a starting point which shows clearly the areas of strength of the school and also identifies those areas where we still have work to do.
"We are very excited about the future success of all of our students and will be supporting them as they prepare for College, University and the world of work”
KS4 results analysis appears in the document below.
Progress 8 - 2016: -0.53
Attainment 8 - 2016: 44.21
% achieving English and mathematics at C+: 49%
Ebaccalaurate conversion: 8%
The percentage of students who continue in education or training, or move on to employment at the end of 16 - 19( latest published): 92%
Nov 16 Year 12 leavers for borough - 4% NEET. R&C - 3.1% NEET
Nov 15 Year 12 leavers for Borough - 2% NEET. R&C - 0.9% NEET
Nov 14 Year 12 leavers for Borough - 2% NEET. R&C - 2.1% NEET