Casual Exam Invigilator
Grade 2 SCP 13 £8.63 per hour
The role of an exam invigilator will require you to provide a professional examination service ensuring a calm environment to give candidates the best possible opportunity to be successful in their exams. You must follow the required guidelines/regulations for the integrity and security of examinations and procedures during the invigilation.
Duties will include:
- Assisting with the setting up of examination venues in accordance with strict procedure
- Assisting students by directing them to their seats
- Advising on the possessions permitted and not permitted in the examination room
- Supervising during exam sessions and dealing with any queries raised by students
- Distributing question papers and collecting competed scripts at the end of the examination
- The role may also include scribing or reading for students who have qualified for access arrangements because of special educational needs and disabilities.
The ideal person will need to be flexible, calm, punctual, reliable, well organised and able to deal with students in a calm and professional manner. You must be able to stand quietly for long periods of time and work upon own initiative as well as part of a team.
Full training will be provided and working hours will be negotiated for each exam period.
Closing date: 31/10/17
Please email the School for an application pack or download from school website
The school is committed to safer recruitment and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The post is subject to enhanced Disclosure Barring Service clearance. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.